ABOUT THE SESSION
Concurrent Session - Keys to Engaging Innovative Leadership & Productivity
Following an inaugural engagement capability survey conducted by Shirlaws and Red Balloon come and understand the findings of the first Engagement Capability Report.
This workshop is an investigation into the capabilities required to increase your company’s ability to improve employee engagement.
Discover what it takes to achieve 80%+ engagement score.
We will cover:
Vanessa will share some simple tools to recognize the 4 types of staff and what drives them. She will then take you through a benchmarking exercise that will allow you to pinpoint which capability to invest in to drive up engagement and the value of your company in 2011.
You will take away some simple frameworks to apply to your decisions as a leader and to map out your focus and priorities for the year.
Vanessa is Shirlaws Australia Chairman, Partner and Senior Coach as well as the designer and lecturer of the Sydney Business School ‘Applied Coaching Skills’ module for the Masters of Business Coaching degree. Vanessa has over 10,000 hours of applied coaching experience in organisational settings.
Background Information and Coaching Experience
Prior to joining Shirlaws 9 years ago, Vanessa ran a Change Management Consulting Firm advising corporations on their strategic change processes in the fields of finance, banking and insurance and federal and local government. Part of establishing this business required extensive training in the US with ODR (Organisational Development Resources) to acquire Advanced Practitioner Status in the world’s leading behavioural change management methodology for organisations.
Vanessa has a strong commercial background with an emphasis on relationship management and business development in a range of corporate leadership roles across a number of different industries, including information technology, recruitment and consulting. Her clients include BankWest, Lloyds Bank, Baulderstone, Westpac, ATO and Railcorp.
Qualifications and Professional Recognition
• Author, Lecturer and Assessor for Sydney Business School, Masters of Business Coaching Program
• Non-executive Director for a division of Railcorp
• Australian College of Applied Psychology Psychologist Registration in Organisational Psychology, including weekly supervision
• Shirlaws Accredited Coach (including commitment to 12 days training annually)
• Institute of NeuroSemantics – Associate Certified Meta Coach
• Bachelor of Science (Honours) Psychology UNSW
• Certificate 4 in Workplace Training
• Organisational Development Resources (ODR) Practitioner Training and Train the Trainer in leading and managing organisational change in Atlanta US
• Functionally responsible for the compliance of Shirlaws coaches within Australia in addition to delivery of training modules on coaching skills, strategy and revenue.