Become an RCSA PEARL Mentor
Professional Emerging Aspiring Recruitment Leaders (PEARL) Mentoring program has been designed to support and provide emerging or new recruitment leaders with the opportunity to learn from fellow leaders within the industry.
Why join the PEARL program?
Become part of the PEARL mentoring community and provide an outside perspective on a variety of developmental issues leaders face today. As a Mentor you will be contributing to the well-being of the industry by passing on your own knowledge and experience to others through reflection of your own work practices.
In practical terms, your Mentee may want you to:
- listen carefully to the things that worry and excite them
- be a sounding board to help them develop and articulate their ideas
- provide unbiased guidance and support towards their individualised goals
- encourage them and celebrate their success
The mentoring relationship's main aim is to help the next generational leader improve their knowledge, networking savvy and perspectives within our industry. Mentors and Mentees are matched together based on their goals, objectives and professional background, who then meet on a regular (monthly) basis over the course of a year to discuss & plan how to actualise these goals.
How We Match Mentors & Mentees
To achieve a high standard Mentoring relationship, the process of matching Mentors to Mentees is all about the algorithm. Each participant completes an on-line questionnaire which incorporates questions covering professional, social and leadership preferences. Once an application profile is completed the profile-based algorithm draws on this information and searches for its potential-ideal match.
Final suggested matches are then reviewed by a committee of RCSA Members with previous experience in the mentoring program.
To be considered as a Mentor
, it is understood that you have:
• at least THREE years minimum recent experience within the recruitment industry; and
• are a current RCSA Individual membership or Corporate Member; and
• hold a current leadership role
Cost to Participate & Next Steps
- Mentees are charged $330 + GST to participate in the program
- Mentors will not be charged given the knowledge and expertise they bring to the program
- To apply to be a Mentor you are required to register for the program via the RCSA website
- Post registration you will receive an email from the Program Manager which will include information to access the mentoring platform, and instructions to complete the on-line application questionnaire
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points:
Upon successful completion of the program (closure 30th June 2020) each participant will earn 25 CPD points
Participants will be provided training through an Art of Mentoring e-Learning Package accessible directly through the dedicated RCSA platform.
- Induction training includes 5 E-Learning Modules, 1+hour of Instructional Video with Interviews and Demonstrations, plus downloadable 'How To Guides' and Tools
- The on-line platform includes unlimited access to Articles, Booklets, Exercises and Tips for Mentees
- At any point during the program the RCSA Mentoring Program Manager, Cheryll Seslija is available for clarity, direction or questions. Email: email@example.com
Booking Terms & Conditions:
This event is governed by the RCSA Booking Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions for Mentee Registration Fee
Where a match is deemed unsuitable by a mentor/mentee on the grounds of a conflict of interest the registration fee will be refunded on the following conditions:
a. The conflict of interest is deemed genuine by the RCSA
b. The conflict of interest flagged before 30th September 2018
2. Refunds will not be provided after the 1st October 2018
For More Information:
RCSA Learning & Development
Members within Australia
call 1300 727 504
Members within New Zealand
call toll free + 0800 441 904