Sydney RCSA Recruitment Consulting Certificate
The RCSA is invested in providing a comprehensive training package for Consultants NEW to the industry with less than 6 months experience in their recruitment role or for those who have been in their role between 6 - 12 months and require a refresher.
The certificate consists of three live face-to-face workshops which will be held on and cover topic areas:
- Friday, 5th February - Introduction to Recruitment Consulting
- Friday, 12th February - Interviewing Essentials
- Friday, 19th February - Sales & Marketing from the Desk
Following attendance to all topics an open book assessment (exam) document is issued and upon successful passing the RCSA Recruitment Certificate is issued.
Introduction to Recruitment Consulting
The fundamentals of recruitment don't change but the efficiencies and technological methods of acquiring clients and candidates are constantly evolving. Topic one will bring new consultants up to speed and covers the essential areas of recruitment for both Temporary and Permanent consultants in industrial and commercial markets.
This session is about proven solutions and realistic approaches to the competitive and challenging world of recruitment. Attendees will benefit from the following content on the day:
- Client Visits
- Taking Job Briefs
- Selecting & Presenting Candidates
- Requirements to ensure the continuum of professional relationships
Are candidates getting better at misleading consultants? or are consultants not investing in the interviews? Recruitment uses interviewing processes when sourcing candidates, completing reference checks, client visits and taking the job briefs. This session will introduce the fundamentals to interviewing for new consultants.
Participants will learn how to develop the formula for fact-finding interviews and remove the guess work when interviewing candidates. The session will cover the following learning outcomes:
- Listening & communication techniques
- Candidate & clients motivations and techniques
- Uncover more during the client & candidate interviews
- Competency based questions
- Questioning techniques for client & referees
- Interviewing traps
Participants will be shown professional techniques to question (interview) the client more effectively, as well as increase the quality of conversations with referees - enhancing the benefit of Reference Checking as a valuable sales tool.
Sales and Marketing from the Desk
The recruitment industry is consistently demanding consultants, regardless of area of expertise, consultants are expected to meet their targets and be ahead of the game. This session provides an entry level introduction to the sales skills required to be a successful recruitment consultant.
Attendees will cover the following key learning outcomes:
- Describe the attributes and behaviours of a successful recruiter
- Discuss and abide by the principles of the RCSA Code for Professional Practice
- Discuss components of superior client servicing
- Explain the components of the recruitment process
- Use competencies in the recruitment and selection process
- Write effective advertisements
- Use superior communication skills during the recruitment interview
- Use structured behavioural questions in interviews
- Obtain effective reference checks and make the job offer
Who Should Attend:
Entry level consultants new to the industry
- Consultants with less than 6 months'
experience in their recruitment role and have received no formal training
Meet the facilitator: Karen Palmer MRCSA
For more than 20 years in the Human Resources & Recruitment industry Karen has developed a comprehensive understanding and talent for developing recruitment consultants. Her enthusiastic approach and extensive experiences shared in the workshop keeps participants engaged from minute one.
Within the Recruitment industry Karen has held the following positions: Temporary & Permanent Consultant; Operations & Project Manager; Trainer; Assesor; and Internal Human Resource Recruitment Advisor. For over 10 years Karen had the responsibility and privilege of training, "one on one" at all levels.
The highlight of her career was the role of State Trainer for NSW, ACT, NT and QLD. Working closely with Executives and Branch Managers she developed unique programmes for individuals and teams of employees in both Industrial and Commercial areas.
Karen appreciates that we are all individuals, with different learning styles and abilities. "It is very rewarding to show someone how they can grow themselves successfully."
- Live classroom learning with Karen Palmer
- In-class discussions and group role plays & interaction
- Opportunity to ask questions and engage
- $1840 Ex GST RCSA Member rate
- $2840 Ex GST RCSA Non-Member rate
All enrollments effective from 1st January 2020 will qualify to be an Individual Member of RCSA - Professionally recognised as an Accredited Professional Recruiter (APRCSA). Upon successful completion of the program recognition will be covered until the end of the current financial year or unless otherwise stated.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking Terms & Conditions:
This event is governed by the RCSA Booking Terms & Conditions
Note: there are a minimum number of enrollments required for the workshop to run, please confirm by speaking with a member of the Learning & Development team that the event is
running as planned, before booking flights or accommodation.
For More Information:
RCSA Learning & Development
Members within Australia
call 1300 727 504
Members within New Zealand
call toll free + 0800 441 904