Discrimination & Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
What does equal employment opportunity and discrimination in the workplace from the perspective of a leader or business owner look like?
RCSA members are encouraged to sign up and join this online training program where FCB Group will explore what your obligations look like from a legislative point of view. As a recruitment firm who has staff that report into leaders, it is important to understand what these laws expect of you and what processes you are required to follow should you receive an internal or external complaint against your recruitment firm.
Please note: Session Time 1.00PM - 3.00PM AEST*
This training program is intended as a guide only and is not intended to be a substitute for legal advice.
Specific advice should always be sought before relying on any aspect of the content of the learning material presented and or associated learning material shared. RCSA will not be liable for any damages, losses or causes of action of any nature arising from the use of learning resources or any information contained herein.
- Being aware of Equal Employment Opportunity and the law in Australia and knowing how to apply the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity throughout in the employee lifecycle.
- Understanding what constitutes unlawful discrimination under Australia’s anti-discrimination legislative framework, including state and federal anti-discrimination legislation, and unlawful discrimination under the Fair Work Act 2009.
- Understanding direct and indirect discrimination and the range of actions that may constitute discrimination in the recruitment and on-hire sector. Including understanding how unlawful discrimination can take place at all points of the employment relationship including; recruitment, disciplinary action, remuneration and benefits and termination of employment.
- Understanding individual rights, responsibilities and liabilities including reasonable adjustments in the workplace.
- Understanding the importance of reviewing and renewing Anti-discrimination and Equal Opportunity Policies.
- Mitigating risk of liability associated with unlawful discrimination.
Meet the facilitator: FCB Group
FCB assists recruitment businesses to maintain competitiveness through building their workplace relations architecture. FCB workplace relations lawyers and workplace relations consultants understand that workplace relations and the nuances of the industry.
Providing strategic advice on workplace relations governance, and the appropriate form of engagement to meet internal and client business objectives
Developing effective client relationships through good workforce and expectation management
Drafting effective recruitment sector restraint provisions to protect a business in a high-turnover industry
Developing industry-specific contracts and policies that cater for the existence of multiple parties
Training recruitment consultants and account managers in awards and complaint minimisation
Defending employee claims and grievances, including unfair dismissal, bullying, harassment and discrimination.
FCB understand recruitment is a people game and support RCSA Corporate Members with careful management and understand that satisfied workers and candidates make all the difference to a business
Who Should Attend:
- New Business owners
- Recruitment Consultants new to the industry
- Experienced Consultants who may need a refresher
RCSA Learning and Development Partner: ELMO
ELMO (ASX:ELO) is Australia and New Zealand’s only integrated cloud HR, payroll and rostering / time & attendance solution. ELMO is ISO 27001:2013 certified and our UTS partnership affirms our solutions are at the forefront of predictive analytics. We provide innovative technology to more than 1500 organisations across APAC, helping them to manage, engage, and inspire their people from one platform, with a single dashboard, and reporting suite.
- Interactive and engaging 2-hour video workshop delivery using Zoom
- In-session discussions and open Q&A with a Workplace Senior Consultant
- References to recent case studies
Booking Terms & Conditions:
For More Information:
RCSA Learning & Development
Members within Australia
call 1300 727 504
Members within New Zealand
call toll free + 0800 441 904