Performance Management in the On-Hire environment & Managing Bullying & Harassment Claims
Managing employee poor performance is a complex skill developed over time and is challenging at the best of times for great managers. This can be made even more challenging for those managers who are consultants in the on-hire industry.
Balancing the demands of client relationships and employee support can make this even more difficult when things aren't going right.
Having confidence in your own ability to manage issues involving employee poor performance can help you mitigate risks, get on top of performance issues early on and maintain strong employee and client relationships. Having the skills and plans to address issues as soon as they arise is paramount.
For the seasoned leader this session aims to refresh your knowledge and build on your confidence in addressing performance issues in today's workplace landscape. For the new consultant, this session aims to introduce the foundations of performance management and addressing poor performance.
Please note: Session Time 1.00PM - 3.00PM AEDT*
This training program is intended as a guide only and is not intended to be a substitute for legal advice.
Specific advice should always be sought before relying on any aspect of the content of the learning material presented and or associated learning material shared. RCSA will not be liable for any damages, losses or causes of action of any nature arising from the use of learning resources or any information contained herein.
- Understanding what constitutes underperformance or poor performance, how it differentiates from misconduct and the key drivers of underperformance.
- Understanding effective performance management systems for on-hired employees including knowing how to set up and conduct performance management meetings.
- Appreciating the importance of keeping written records of performance management.
- Understanding what constitutes workplace bullying and harassment at workplace in the context of Australia’s bullying and harassment legislative framework.
- Understanding what is not workplace bullying, in particular the concept of reasonable management action carried out in a reasonable manner.
- Responding effectively to bullying and harassment concerns and claims.
- Understanding how to create facilitative platforms for interpersonal communication and feedback between employers and their on-hired employees to prevent and address bullying and harassment at workplaces.
- Appreciating the importance of bullying and harassment policies in the workplace and the need to address such matters during induction and placement.
Meet the facilitator: FCB Group
FCB assists recruitment businesses to maintain competitiveness through building their workplace relations architecture. FCB workplace relations lawyers and workplace relations consultants understand that workplace relations and the nuances of the industry.
Providing strategic advice on workplace relations governance, and the appropriate form of engagement to meet internal and client business objectives
Developing effective client relationships through good workforce and expectation management
Drafting effective recruitment sector restraint provisions to protect a business in a high-turnover industry
Developing industry-specific contracts and policies that cater for the existence of multiple parties
Training recruitment consultants and account managers in awards and complaint minimisation
Defending employee claims and grievances, including unfair dismissal, bullying, harassment and discrimination.
FCB understand recruitment is a people game and support RCSA Corporate Members with careful management and understand that satisfied workers and candidates make all the difference to a business
Who Should Attend:
- New Business owners
- Recruitment Consultants new to the industry
- Experienced Consultants who may need a refresher
RCSA Learning and Development Partner: ELMO
ELMO (ASX:ELO) is Australia and New Zealand’s only integrated cloud HR, payroll and rostering / time & attendance solution. ELMO is ISO 27001:2013 certified and our UTS partnership affirms our solutions are at the forefront of predictive analytics. We provide innovative technology to more than 1500 organisations across APAC, helping them to manage, engage, and inspire their people from one platform, with a single dashboard, and reporting suite.
- Interactive and engaging 2-hour video workshop delivery using Zoom
- In-session discussions and open Q&A with a Workplace Senior Consultant
- References to recent case studies
Booking Terms & Conditions:
For More Information:
RCSA Learning & Development
Members within Australia
call 1300 727 504
Members within New Zealand
call toll free + 0800 441 904