Make Privacy a Priority: Privacy Laws for Recruitment Professionals
Privacy Awareness Week 2021 (PAW) is an annual event (3 - 9 May) that highlights the importance of protecting personal information and helps organisations, agencies and the public navigate the privacy landscape. Supporting the 2021 theme Make Privacy a Priority
RCSA are hosting free for Members the opportunity to discuss the importance of protecting and respecting personal information, because if you don't the consequences can be significant and far-reaching.
RCSA are encouraging Members bound by the Code of Professional Conduct to attend this webinar to understand:
- How can Australian and New Zealand recruiters manage privacy on both sides of the Tasman?
- What are the implications of New Zealand’s new Privacy Act 2020, which came into force on 1 December 2020?
- Do New Zealand citizens who are working with Australian recruiters have the protections of the New Zealand Privacy Act?
- How do the cross border disclosure rules work?
- How should you be adjusting your Privacy Statements to meet the new requirements?
These are a few of the questions we’ll be addressing in the webinar.
Live Delivery Date & Time: 11.00AM - 12.00PM AEST* | 1.00PM - 2.00PM NZST*
Meet your presenter: Andrew C. Wood, Hon FRCSA (Life)
Andrew is an Australian Lawyer with over 35 years' experience as a solicitor and barrister. He retired from practice in 2019 to concentrate on full-time mediation and workforce governance through WorkAccord.
He is the author of the ACCC authorised RCSA Code for Professional Conduct, its Grievance Intervention Guidelines, its StaffSure Certification Standard, and many of its templates including the Recruitment Client Services Agreement.
Andrew is an accredited mediator with Resolution Institute and is regularly engaged as the unit course co-ordinator and lecturer for QUT's Employment Law unit.
RCSA Learning and Development Partner: ELMO
ELMO (ASX:ELO) is Australia and New Zealand’s only integrated cloud HR, payroll and rostering / time & attendance solution. ELMO is ISO 27001:2013 certified and our UTS partnership affirms our solutions are at the forefront of predictive analytics. We provide innovative technology to more than 1500 organisations across APAC, helping them to manage, engage, and inspire their people from one platform, with a single dashboard, and reporting suite.
Presentation delivered using GoToWebinar
- The live session is recorded and a copy of the recording distributed to all registered participants.
- Webinar joining links are emailed to participants within 24 hours after registration
- All start and end times listed are displayed in Melbourne | Australian Eastern Standard/Daylight Time
Pricing and Booking Terms & Conditions:
For More Information:
RCSA Learning & Development
Members within Australia
call 1300 727 504
Members within New Zealand
call toll free + 0800 441 904