If you can read this then the inline styles aren't working... and they are a little bit important.
The prestigious RCSA Industry Awards provide the opportunity to recognise the best of the best in the recruitment and staffing sector. These awards are the most coveted in the industry. This year there are more opportunities across a wider field of categories so that all areas of a recruitment business can be acknowledged. Also for the first time there is a very special award that will shine a spotlight on an individual who has made a significant contribution to the industry.
The 2019 RCSA Industry Awards winners were:
- Recruitment Professional of the Year sponsored by SEEK - Australian winner: Seamus Scanlon, Davidson, New Zealand winner: Mel Morris (MRCSA), ERG Recruitment
- Recruitment Leader of the Year sponsored by Indeed - Australian winner: David Stewart FRCSA, Recruitment Solutions, NSW Business Chamber, New Zealand winner: Angela Cameron, Consult Recruitment
- Rising Star of the Year - Australian Awards sponsored by Prime Super New Zealand Award sponsored by Astute Payroll - Australian winner: Jay Wynter, Precision Sourcing Australia, New Zealand winner: Yvonne Tay-Corbett, Robert Walters
- CSR Excellence Award - Australian Award sponsored by The Brief New Zealand Award sponsored by Abbott Group - Australian winner: Aspect Personnel, New Zealand winner: Tradestaff
- Excellence in Safety & Risk Management - Australian Award sponsored by Staffsure - Australian winner: PROGRAMMED, New Zealand winner: Hays Specialist Recruitment
- Excellence in Client Service Award - Australian Award sponsored by FCB Group - Australian winner: Kelly Services, New Zealand winner: Agoge
- Excellence in Candidate Care Award - Australian Award sponsored by Astute Payroll New Zealand Award sponsor Trade Me Jobs - Australian winner: SMAART Recruitment, New Zealand winner: Agoge
- Operational Excellence Award - Australian Award sponsored by Ramco - Australian winner: HorizonOne Recruitment
- Business Innovation of the Year - Australian Award sponsored by VideoMyJob, New Zealand Award sponsored by YUDU - Australian winner: Timberwolf Planting Pty Ltd (AWX Pty Ltd), New Zealand winner: Turbo Staff
- RCSA Outstanding Contribution Award - Australian winner: Ross Thompson APRCSA, WorkforceXS New Zealand winner: Rebecca Clarke MRCSA
Why apply for an RCSA Award?
Winning an RCSA Award provides unrivalled recognition of an individual's or organisation's professional success. Winners will also have the opportunity to share their story nationally through RCSA publications and the broader media. You also have the exclusive use of finalist and winner logos for building and promoting your brand.
Tom Gleeson is one of Australia's favourite comedians. Besides his many TV appearances, he’s been nominated for a Helpmann Award three times and won the Piece of Wood Comedian’s Choice Award in the Melbourne International Comedy Festival. He has performed several times at the two major comedy festivals in Melbourne and Edinburgh, as well as the invite-only Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal and the Kilkenny Comedy Festival in Ireland.
Tom has performed at the Sydney Opera House, in every capital city in Australia, in London, Dublin, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Hong Kong, Jakarta as well as entertaining the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Not content with conquering stand-up, Tom has also published a book, Playing Poker with the SAS: A Comedy Tour of Iraq and Afghanistan. This follows up his story The Italian Job, which appeared in Take Me With You, a collection of tales of long distance love edited by Sarah MacDonald for Random House..
In 2013 Tom joined Network Ten’s panel show This Week Live. Alongside his co-hosts, Meshel Laurie, Tommy Little and Dave Thornton, the show reviewed the week that was through the eyes of some of Australia’s best comedians. Tom’s segment ‘I Hate You, Change My Mind’ fast became a cult hit across the country.
Whilst continuing to tour the country with sell out shows, 2015 saw Tom return to our television screens alongside Charlie Pickering and Kitty Flanagan on the awardwinning ABC series, The Weekly. Charlie with the help of Kitty and Tom dissect the weeks’ events, and bring you the news with a twist.
Tom is the host of the highly successful ABC quiz show Hard Quiz, based on his popular Hard Chat segment on The Weekly, which is back for a second season.
South African born Urzila Carlson is a multi award winning Stand Up comedian who appears regularly on television shows in Australia – Have You Been Paying Attention – and New Zealand – 7 Days, Super City, Road Madness. She lives in Auckland, New Zealand with her wife and two kids.
Urzila’s natural cheeky, straight up style will have you eating out of her hand the moment she takes the stage and you’ll want to be her friend. Internationally and locally she is becoming a sought after act, both as a stand-up headliner and as an MC.
Since taking the comedy stage in 2008 she has had 5 sold out seasons at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, television appearances on Spicks and Specks, Dirty Laundry, Have You Been Paying Attention, The Great Debate with Barry Humphries, Comedy Up Late as a guest and a host, and the Melbourne International Comedy Festival Galas. Urzila has also done sold out festival shows in Perth, Sydney and Adelaide Comedy Festivals, and performed for Just For Laughs at The Sydney Opera House. In New Zealand she has sold out every solo show she’s had since 2009.
She is a recognisable face not only on the comedy circuit in New Zealand and Australia, but is also a celebrated author, columnist, presenter, sports enthusiast and a DIY expert.
Sydney Accommodation: Available at The Star
All RCSA Awards Night guests may receive 15% off the accommodation rate using the Partner Rate Code (RCSA2019) for stays during 19 June 2019 – 20 June 2019 (inclusive) within The Star’s Astral Tower/The Darling.
Flexible rate allows cancellation up to 3pm (local time), day prior to guests arrival date. Does not require pre-payment.
To access these rates, please see below options:
1. Call The Star Reservations Team on 1800 700 700 and quote the promo code.
2. Log onto our website https://www.star.com.au/sydney/ and click ‘Book’ on the top right hand corner. Once they are on the reservations page they will enter their arrival departure dates, and need to click on the wording “Enter Special Code”.
Auckland Accommodation: Available at the Hilton Auckland
All RCSA Awards Night guests may receive 15% off the best available rate for stays during 24 & 25 July 2019
Reservations will be made directly via the following link: http://group.hilton.com/Social-Event
Upon booking accommodation, guests will be required to provide a credit card as a guarantee and pay on departure directly to the hotel.
All room types will be available via the provided link (subject to availability) and rates will change depending on occupancy.
Cancellation Policy: Rooms cancelled within 7 days of the arrival date will incur a 1 night cancellation fee.